Benefits and rewards
KCC gives me a work-life balance I can't get anywhere else
At KCC, there is something for everyone. We offer a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits, to suit all circumstances.
- Flexible hours and locations - Depending on your job role and the needs of the service, we offer flexible hours and the ability to work from home or one of our offices.
- A great work-life balance - We also offer a variety of working patterns, such as part-time, job-share, term-time hours, and career breaks to get a work-life balance that’s right for you.
- Tailored personal development plans - We are committed to developing you as an individual. You will have a unique Personal Development Plan tailored to you, which focuses on developing your skills. Your line manager will support you to have the career you want.
- Easy-to-access training - We have a range of training opportunities to suit your learning style, including face-to-face and eLearning courses as well as apprenticeships and professional qualifications.
- Other great opportunities - There are also coaching and mentoring, volunteering and secondment opportunities.
- A thorough induction - You'll get a comprehensive induction to the organisation when you join us.
- Paid sick leave and the support you need to get you back to work.
- Support Line – a free confidential service that offers up to 7 counselling sessions a year.
- Help Fund – a registered charity, run by employees, for employees which can provide financial assistance during times of critical financial need.
- Financial advice - we signpost to sources of free, impartial and confidential money advice.
- Access to Kent Savers – a Kent wide credit union to promote saving and provide its members with loans at reasonable rates.
- Further wellbeing support and signposting, including action plans to support mental health.
- An inclusive and supportive work environment that enables everyone to do their job to the best of their ability. We also make workplace adjustments where necessary for health reasons.
- Staff groups to provide support, development opportunities and inform improvements to our policies.
Reward and recognition
- A yearly assessment to give you feedback on how your performance has made a difference, and an opportunity for high performers in every team to increase their annual salary. Includes one-off cash and non-cash payments for excellent performance for those at the top of their grade. Find out more about pay at KCC.
- Rewards for exceptional performance - Managers can also celebrate success in different ways. This can include cash or non-cash awards, Thank You messaging and Staff Awards to acknowledge your performance at any time throughout the year.
- Access to the excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with above average employer contributions
- Option to pay Additional Voluntary Contributions.
- A generous holiday entitlement - between 25 and 30 days a year depending on how long you have worked for us and the job you do, plus an extra day at Christmas and 8 Bank Holidays.
- Additional leave - including maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave, as well as personal and carer’s leave and more!
- The option to buy extra annual leave.
- National discounts from over 700 retailers through instant high street and online vouchers, cash-back and reloadable cards.
- Local discounts from a variety of Kent businesses.
- Wellbeing Centre - A portal packed with healthy meal ideas, financial support and advice, mental wellbeing support and a wide range of exercise and activity programmes.
- Cycle2Work – a HMRC approved tax and National Insurance (NI) efficient scheme open to KCC employees, which helps you acquire a bike and safety accessories for cycling to work.
- Kent Adult Education - 10% discount on most Kent Adult Education courses.
Additional payments for social workers
Some of our social work roles also attract additional payments of up to £5,000. To find out if the role you're applying for is eligible for additional payments, check the job advert.