Short stay centre roles
We're looking for care workers, senior care workers and care team leaders for our short-stay centres to help people learn or relearn the skills they need to go home and live independent lives.
You'll be making a difference by:
- supporting reablement programmes set by physiotherapists or occupational therapists
- helping people regain their confidence
- encouraging people to take part in activities with other people
- helping people plan to go home
- supporting people to learn how to use assistive technology
- having a chat and a laugh with people and making every day in the centre a positive experience.
We provide short stays for people who have been in hospital or have had a crisis at home, or to give people and their carers a break.
We are recruiting in:
- Folkestone (Broadmeadow)
- Tenterden (West View).
Register your interest today to join one of our amazing teams.
The work-life balance you choose, with great financial rewards for flexibility
Whether you want to work during the day or at night, weekdays or weekends, lots of hours or only a few, we offer flexible contracts to fit around your life. We offer full-time and part-time contracts, as well as relief contracts if you want total flexibility. If you are looking for a job that is not the normal 9 to 5, we're the place for you!
We offer sector-leading enhanced rates of pay including:
- night shifts - up to £14.99 per hour
- weekends - up to £14.99 per hour
- weekend night shifts - up to £18.74 per hour
- bank holiday shifts - double time with a day off in lieu, up to £22.49 per hour.
Training and career development
You don't need any experience to become a care worker with us, just a positive attitude and a passion for helping people.
We will give you all the training you'll need, including a comprehensive free induction programme and help to achieve your care certificate, if this is your first role.
You'll also be supported to achieve a Level 2 Health and Social Care Diploma, which will be fully funded with paid study leave. We can also help with maths, English and digital skills if you need it.
If you're keen to develop your career, you'll also have the chance to become a senior care worker, a care team leader or progress into management. We encourage people that want to progress to take the Level 3 and Level 5 Health and Social Care Diplomas, again, fully funded and with paid study leave.
We offer a fantastic work package. When you join us, you'll get:
- a basic salary of between £20,595 and £21,693 per year (based on 37 hours per week)
- generous enhancements and regular overtime opportunities
- annual performance related pay reviews
- sector-leading terms and conditions, including sick pay, maternity pay, paternity pay, adoption pay and parental leave
- an excellent local government pension
- 26 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- free parking or easy access to bus stops or train stations from our centres
- a free DBS check
- a uniform and free personal protective equipment
- a paid induction and plenty of support to gain qualifications and develop your career
- a comprehensive wellbeing package including access to financial advice, free counselling, support with mental health, Kent Rewards and the NHS Blue Light scheme.
So whether you've recently qualified, you’ve been in the sector for a while, or you want to start a new career in adult social care, get in touch to find out more.