Kent Enablement at Home supports people to be safe, independent and happy at home. We provide short-term support to empower people to do the things they need to do themselves and we make a difference every day.
Want to join the team? Register your interest.
Help people to be more independent
We're looking for enablement support workers to help people learn or re-learn the skills they need in daily life. You'll be helping people with everyday tasks such as:
- getting into or out of bed
- getting washed and dressed
- going to the toilet
- preparing meals
- joining in with their community
- using assistive technology.
Whether you want weekend, morning or evening work, our roles offer flexible hours to fit around your current lifestyle. If you are hardworking and compassionate, with the ability to travel independently around a wide geographical area, then we would like to hear from you.
Training and development
You don't need any experience to become an enablement support worker, just a positive attitude and a passion for helping people.
We will give you all the training you'll need including an induction programme, where you'll earn your care certificate. You'll also complete a Level 2 Health and Social Care Diploma after your probation which will be fully funded with paid study leave.
If you're keen to progress, you'll also have the opportunity to become a supervisor and access higher level Health and Social Care Diplomas. We'll also give you opportunities to shadow other members of the team, opening up further development opportunities.
When you join us, you'll get:
- between £20,595 and £21,693 per year
- guaranteed hours and paid per shift even if you only have one or two client calls
- pay enhancements for working weekends, evenings and bank holidays (Enhanced pay is 1.3 after 8pm and 1.5 for all weekend work, and double time for Bank Holidays)
- a uniform, work mobile phone and personal protective equipment
- free training and support and the opportunity to study to gain qualifications including a Diploma in Health & Social Care (NVQ) level 2 & 3 (including paid study time to support learning)
- paid mileage (45p per mile)
- up to 28 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays and an extra day off during the Christmas period)
- an excellent local government pension
- annual performance related pay reviews
- access to the Kent Rewards employer cashback scheme helping you save on purchases
- free DBS check.
Register your interest